Frequently Asked Questions
I can't get the videos to play on my computer. What's wrong?
If you're having trouble playing videos:
- Upgrade your web browser to the latest available version.
- If you are using Firefox or Chrome, you might need to have the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player. You can find it here.
- Try playing these test videos:
Test Number One
Test Number Two
- The site has been extensively tested with the following browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari. Try using one of these browsers.
- If you still cannot get the videos to play, please Contact Us and be sure to include your computer's operating system (e.g. Vista, Windows 7, MacOS, iOS, Android, etc.), which browser you're using and who your Internet Service Provider is.
The videos keep stopping and starting. What's wrong?
If the videos don't play smoothly, it is usually because your Internet connection is slow. If this occurs, click on the pause button and allow the entire video to load before clicking the play button.
Why can't I watch the videos on my Android device?
Most MathTV videos are in MP4 format and are therefore playable on virtually all desktop and mobile devices. if you are using a mobile device running an old version of Android, you might need to have a Flash player installed to play MP4 files.
What's an All Access Pass?
An All Access Pass is $45 for 12 months or comes free with the purchase of one of our printed textbooks from the online store. Users get access to all eBooks at XYZ Textbooks.